Melasma is very hard to cure. Any doctor or dermatologist will tell you that Melasma is an elusive condition and many factors go into ridding yourself of Melasma once and for all. And although most days it probably feels like it will never go away, I’m here to give you hope. Below I’ve made a list of the people who HAVE cured their melasma and have highlighted exactly what worked for them.
1. Vanessa Romero from Healthy Living How-To was able to cure her melasma over a period of 4 years. Her journey started with being diagnosed with adrenal fatigue which was likely the culprit that caused her to have melasma. Vanessa worked with a holistic minded doctor and through several supplements, dietary changes, and bloodwork she was able to re-balance her hormones and the melasma went away.
2. Anne Marie from Cheeseslave.com Was able to get rid of her melasma over a span of 18 months by eating a healthy level of good fats like cod liver oil and taking hormone balancing supplements like Iodoral and Maca and additional adrenal gland supplements. Anne Marie also cut out coffee, white sugar, and flour out of her diet.
3. Ruth Almon of Paleo Diet Basics was able to cure her melasma over the course of a few years by adopting a Paleo Diet & ingesting 1-2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar daily and Maca powder. The apple cider vinegar was crucial to her healing journey as she found that when she stopped taking the apple cider vinegar, the melasma returned. Maca powder has been known to rebalance hormones naturally, thus making it a good option for people with melasma.
4. Rose Ryder, a member of the Real Self forum, shared that she was able to reduce her Melasma by 99% going completely organic (for food and products) and using only natural products on her face. For example, she admits that she only washes her face with olive oil and performs a sugar scrub on her face twice a week.
5. SweetLife12 of the Health Boards forum was able to cure her melasma by getting off birth control pills and taking probiotic supplements. She did not start to see any healing until 1 year after being off birth control and it has taken a full 4 years for the melasma to full disappear.
6. Nanna from the Skin Care Talk forum was able to cure her melasma after being diagnosed with Leaky Gut and taking the necessary steps to fix that. She started using the following supplements: Glutamine, Probiotics, Zinc and Ultrainflamex and has seen a dramatic reduction in her melasma in just one month.
What did we learn about curing Melasma from the examples above?
- Melasma does not go away overnight. All the woman mentioned in this article admitted that it took over a year to fully cure their melasma.
- Diet plays a huge part in healing melasma and re-balancing hormones
- Supplements also play an integral part in re-balancing hormones
Remember, every single one of us may have a different cause and a different cure. Just because this worked for these ladies, doesn’t mean it will work for you…BUT, it could mean that it will. I wish you hope as you embark upon your melasma curing journey.
If you were able to cure your melasma, please leave us a comment in the section below detailing what worked for you!